August 28, 2026

Metal Detecting Tips – How I Check Ring Signals on My Machines

Metal Detecting Tips – How I Check Ring Signals on My Machines | Zeke (aka Glenn)

Metal Detecting Tips – How I Check Ring Signals on My Machines

Quick tip time for anyone chasing rings in the park or anywhere else.

In this short I show exactly how I like to check the signal on my machines when I’m hunting for jewelry. A good ring signal is usually solid, repeatable, and stays consistent as you sweep from different angles. Learning to recognize that tone (and how it differs from pull tabs or rusty junk) can save you a lot of empty holes.

This method works on budget detectors just as well as higher-end machines. It’s simple, fast, and something I do every time a promising target shows up.

If you’re new to the hobby or just want a cleaner way to decide what to dig, give this a try on your next hunt.

Have a favorite way you check for rings? Drop it in the comments — I’d love to hear it.

Bounty Hunter Tracker Showcase

Bounty Hunter Tracker

The simple, reliable detector Glenn trusts for real park hunts and learning clean ring signals. Perfect for beginners who want results without the big price tag.

Check Out the Bounty Hunter Tracker

Budget Pinpointer Showcase

Budget Pinpointer

A cheap, reliable pinpointer that pairs perfectly with any detector and helps you zero in on those solid ring signals fast.

Check Out the Pinpointer

Shop the Gear I Trust

Metal Detecting Store

Ready to get better at spotting ring signals? Browse the detectors, pinpointers, and simple gear Zeke (aka Glenn) trusts for real park hunts.

Shop My Amazon Store

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps support the channel at no extra cost to you.

Happy hunting,
Zeke (aka Glenn)

No comments:

Post a Comment

See latest videos @ZekesMetalDetectingFinds

Popular Posts